These playlists were determined by your comments, number of plays on my iTunes, and consulting friends. Get Part 3 now by joining the Facebook fan page and then click the Part 3 download link. (http://www.facebook.com/clubkerrynyc or text “fan clubkerrynyc” to 32665 (FBOOK) from your mobile phone).
Part 1 uploaded back in July.
Part 2 Track List (69:55):
My fave retro remakes from this past year all fused into one glorious hour of beats. The perfect blend of retro 80's and 90's with the sound of the future. Each song taken from one of my podcasts this past year. Thanks to everyone that has supported Club Kerry NYC! I'm celebrating the first year with a look back. A new DJ podcast each week until January 1.
Next Week: Best of Club Kerry NYC (Part 2)
In Two Weeks: Let's Hear It 4 The Boyz (Part 3) - All male vocals. All new tunes. The follow up to the two podcast's that launched Club Kerry NYC back in January 2009!
Track List (with original podcast episode link) (56:16):
Warning! Excessive beats per minute on this ride. Extreme dancing, movement, and increased heart rate may occur. If you are pregnant, hard of hearing, have high blood pressure or a heart condition then you are advised not to press play. It's been a while since the energy level has been this high on one of my podcasts. At about 30 minutes in it reaches 140 BPM (beats per minute). Usually it's between 128-130. It's SO good. Are you a lunatic superstar? Find out. Enjoy!
Track List (55:15):
The last set, Hiding All The Stars, still seems so recent but I wanted you to have a new one before Halloween. It's a bit more progressive than the usual. It's all about the music and the beat but still manages to straddle the line between progressive and mainstream. So without a lot of fanfare and info about the producers, DJ's, and artists or me talking... Just Enjoy!
Track List (56:14):
Track List (57:51)
Track List (56:53):
Sometimes you just need a little something to lift you up and make you feel better. These beats are your remedy. Full of uplifting beats, vocals, and melodies.
Find out about all my podcasts at http://clubkerry.podbean.com. Also, follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/kerrypoynter where I'll be sharing my fave tunes of the moment and how to find them, DJ/producers, links to sources online, clubs or places in New York City, and the latest news about Club Kerry NYC. Also, join the fan page on Facebook or text "fan clubkerrynyc" to 32665 (FBOOK) from your mobile phones, and you will be added instantly.
Track List (56:40)
Club Kerry NYC: Vocal Dance & Electronic: Inspiring the NYC & American dance music scene every 130 beats per minute. Join the effort!
This one is a bit more chill than the usual. There is a lyrical theme about forlorn love all to an electronic beat, thus electronic love. As usual there are some favorites such as Deadmau5, Moonbeam, Shapeshifters, as well as a remake in the form of Nothing Compares to You. Don’t miss the outstanding Madonna track Frozen 09’ by Juicybar.
Track List (62:05):
1. You & I (Deadmau5 Remix) – Medina: Deadmau5 popularized the sound, in my opinion, in the next three songs. “There is no one to break me or bring me down. We are at the end of our stupid lies…”
2. Nothing Compares to You (Last Minute Remix) - Consoul Training Feat Joan Kolova: Originally written by Prince and recorded by Sinead. “Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling.”
3. Electronic Love (Club Mix) – Christian Weber: I remember an 80’s tune that sounded something similar to the chorus in here.
4. We Are The People (The Shapeshifters Vocal Remix) - Empire Of The Sun: The Shapeshifters breathe new life into one of my fave tunes from earlier this year. Find ‘We Are the People’ on my previous set titled ‘A Redefinition of Dance’. “Are you gonna leave me now?”
5. It Only Hurts (Club Mix) - Julie Thompson: Julie has been the voice of so many club songs over the years. She finally has her own full length album coming out that is produced by Andy Duguid. This is the first release. “It’s not the first time. It won’t be the last time. I’ll find you.”
6. Frozen 09’ – Madonna & Juicybar: I have a certain prejudice toward underground Madonna remixes. They always sound awful due to the low quality. However, Juicybar, (dj/producer Wiretap & musician/producer Bluejacker) have really done an outstanding job here. Their chill electronic sound works quite well. They hail from Dublin. Make sure to check out their other tunes at www.reverbnation.com/juiceybar. Thanks for sharing the tune guys! Somehow, I think M would approve. “You're frozen. When your heart's not open.”
7. Falling (Original Mix) – Andy Duguid feat. Julie Thompson: I’m anticipating the new album. So here is an old favorite from Julie and Andy. “Catch me when I’m falling through.”
8. Counting The Days (Moonbeam Remix) - Lavkastor feat. Nicole Tyler: Moonbeam, Pavel and Vitaly Khvaleev from Russia, have consistently been one of my favorite trance remixers. I couldn’t help but to mix this new track with the now classic tune To Forever. Genious.
9. To Forever (Moonbeam Mix) – Rachael Starr: “Babe, I just hope that you know. To never let me go.”
10. Mistake (Lifelike Remix) – Moby: It’s all about the Lifelike mix. “Don’t leave me again!”
11. The Sound Of Missing You (Extended Mix) – Ameerah A fun pop house vocal to close us out. “And I can’t escape it…”
Four weeks every Friday in August with the freshest and hottest vocal grooves to sizzle your senses. Make sure to place 1-4 in order for a two hour mix set.
Part 1: Uplifting House, Electro, and Trance
Part 2: Electro & Trance
Part 4: Uplifting House
Track List Part 4 (32:02)
1. Piano in the Dark (7th Heaven Club Mix) – Shanie:
The former U.S. top ten hit by Brenda Russell is remade by Shanie with a fun house mix by 80’s group turned remixers 7th Heaven. “He holds me close like a thief of the heart, He plays a melody, Born to tear me all apart.”
2. Paranoid (Dave Aude Club Mix) – Jonas Brothers:
Oh my, so I never thought I would own or like a Jonas Bros. tune. It’s all about the Dave Aude remix. It’s fun. It’s the tune I hate to love. Just give into it.
3. Smash Into You (Flash Brothers Remix) – Beyonce:
Everyone was into the Halo remixes. But I rather enjoyed what the Flash Brothers did to what was a mediocre Beyonce song (IMHO). I’m willing to run too, Beyonce, while I listen to this tune!
4. Forgiveness (Digital Dog Remix) - Wamdue Project featuring Jonathan Mendelsohn: I love dj/producer duo Digital Dog! I also love their new mix of my recent fave tune by Wamdue Project (See my previous set called Forgiveness). Put the two together and it's a match made in heaven. THANK YOU!
5 Love Comes (Riff & Rays Club Mix) – Bananarama:
Another 80’s connection. Riff & Rays creates a piano house stomper while Bananarama tries to relive it’s former glory. They may not succeed but this remix is fun.
6. Confusion Girl (Riff & Rays Club Mix) – Frankmusic:
Brit producer/vocalist Vincent Frank has a new album. Riff & Rays once again turn up the beat to fun. “Confusion girl never gives or takes, Tries to cover up all of her mistakes, Wanting to be someone else, Anything but herself, …It’s such a shame.”
7. Gone (Extended Mix) – Lasgo:
Gone are the days of the great Lasgo tunes. But ‘Gone’ may herald a return as this electro house beat portends. “Oops, you're gone. Just play your games with someone else.”
Place parts 1 – 4 in order in your iTunes for a continuous two hour mixed set. Look for an outstanding new one hour mix set, Electronic Love, next week.
Four weeks every Friday in August with the freshest and hottest vocal grooves to sizzle your senses. Make sure to place Parts 1-4 in order for a 2 hour mix set.
Track List Part 3 (33:07):
1. This Moment (Progressive Mix) - Nic Chagall: Nic is one half of the popular German trance duo Cosmic Gate. This tune deserves to be heard more often. Great emotional trance the way it should be.
2. In Love With You (Original Club Mix) – Atrium: House music producers Steve Mac and Paul Harris crank out an infectious tune. TJ’s vocals also inject warmth while the “I’m in love with you” line gets stuck in your head. Five out of five stars!
3. Nemur (Walls Of Guitars Extended Version) - Dusty Kid: Paolo Alberto Lodde, ‘Dusty Kid’, hails from Sardinia and is a classically trained musician turned techno producer who swears ze is a girl trapped in a man’s body. This excellent track is from ze’s debut album A Raver’s Diary.
4. Always The Sun (Extended Mix) - Richard Durand: The emotional trance continues with a beautiful tune from tech trance dj/producer Richard Durand. “Always the sun, like a wailing wall, give me hope, show some meaning.”
5. Deep Breath Contact (Myon & Shane 54 Collision) - Motorcycle vs. Glenn Morrison: Fave trance producers Myon & Shane 54 mash up the vocals from the Motorcycle tune Deep Breath Love with Glenn Morrison’s tune Contact. The result is magic.
6. For How Long (Wippenberg Remix) – Riva: Riva is back after a five year hiatus with a stomper of a mix by Wippenburg.
7. No Way Home (Extended Mix) - Richard Durand: So Richard appears twice on this mix. I couldn’t help it. “I hear your call. My lips won’t move.”