Track List (57:51)
Track List (56:53):
Sometimes you just need a little something to lift you up and make you feel better. These beats are your remedy. Full of uplifting beats, vocals, and melodies.
Find out about all my podcasts at http://clubkerry.podbean.com. Also, follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/kerrypoynter where I'll be sharing my fave tunes of the moment and how to find them, DJ/producers, links to sources online, clubs or places in New York City, and the latest news about Club Kerry NYC. Also, join the fan page on Facebook or text "fan clubkerrynyc" to 32665 (FBOOK) from your mobile phones, and you will be added instantly.
Track List (56:40)
Club Kerry NYC: Vocal Dance & Electronic: Inspiring the NYC & American dance music scene every 130 beats per minute. Join the effort!
This one is a bit more chill than the usual. There is a lyrical theme about forlorn love all to an electronic beat, thus electronic love. As usual there are some favorites such as Deadmau5, Moonbeam, Shapeshifters, as well as a remake in the form of Nothing Compares to You. Don’t miss the outstanding Madonna track Frozen 09’ by Juicybar.
Track List (62:05):
1. You & I (Deadmau5 Remix) – Medina: Deadmau5 popularized the sound, in my opinion, in the next three songs. “There is no one to break me or bring me down. We are at the end of our stupid lies…”
2. Nothing Compares to You (Last Minute Remix) - Consoul Training Feat Joan Kolova: Originally written by Prince and recorded by Sinead. “Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling.”
3. Electronic Love (Club Mix) – Christian Weber: I remember an 80’s tune that sounded something similar to the chorus in here.
4. We Are The People (The Shapeshifters Vocal Remix) - Empire Of The Sun: The Shapeshifters breathe new life into one of my fave tunes from earlier this year. Find ‘We Are the People’ on my previous set titled ‘A Redefinition of Dance’. “Are you gonna leave me now?”
5. It Only Hurts (Club Mix) - Julie Thompson: Julie has been the voice of so many club songs over the years. She finally has her own full length album coming out that is produced by Andy Duguid. This is the first release. “It’s not the first time. It won’t be the last time. I’ll find you.”
6. Frozen 09’ – Madonna & Juicybar: I have a certain prejudice toward underground Madonna remixes. They always sound awful due to the low quality. However, Juicybar, (dj/producer Wiretap & musician/producer Bluejacker) have really done an outstanding job here. Their chill electronic sound works quite well. They hail from Dublin. Make sure to check out their other tunes at www.reverbnation.com/juiceybar. Thanks for sharing the tune guys! Somehow, I think M would approve. “You're frozen. When your heart's not open.”
7. Falling (Original Mix) – Andy Duguid feat. Julie Thompson: I’m anticipating the new album. So here is an old favorite from Julie and Andy. “Catch me when I’m falling through.”
8. Counting The Days (Moonbeam Remix) - Lavkastor feat. Nicole Tyler: Moonbeam, Pavel and Vitaly Khvaleev from Russia, have consistently been one of my favorite trance remixers. I couldn’t help but to mix this new track with the now classic tune To Forever. Genious.
9. To Forever (Moonbeam Mix) – Rachael Starr: “Babe, I just hope that you know. To never let me go.”
10. Mistake (Lifelike Remix) – Moby: It’s all about the Lifelike mix. “Don’t leave me again!”
11. The Sound Of Missing You (Extended Mix) – Ameerah A fun pop house vocal to close us out. “And I can’t escape it…”
Four weeks every Friday in August with the freshest and hottest vocal grooves to sizzle your senses. Make sure to place 1-4 in order for a two hour mix set.
Part 1: Uplifting House, Electro, and Trance
Part 2: Electro & Trance
Part 4: Uplifting House
Track List Part 4 (32:02)
1. Piano in the Dark (7th Heaven Club Mix) – Shanie:
The former U.S. top ten hit by Brenda Russell is remade by Shanie with a fun house mix by 80’s group turned remixers 7th Heaven. “He holds me close like a thief of the heart, He plays a melody, Born to tear me all apart.”
2. Paranoid (Dave Aude Club Mix) – Jonas Brothers:
Oh my, so I never thought I would own or like a Jonas Bros. tune. It’s all about the Dave Aude remix. It’s fun. It’s the tune I hate to love. Just give into it.
3. Smash Into You (Flash Brothers Remix) – Beyonce:
Everyone was into the Halo remixes. But I rather enjoyed what the Flash Brothers did to what was a mediocre Beyonce song (IMHO). I’m willing to run too, Beyonce, while I listen to this tune!
4. Forgiveness (Digital Dog Remix) - Wamdue Project featuring Jonathan Mendelsohn: I love dj/producer duo Digital Dog! I also love their new mix of my recent fave tune by Wamdue Project (See my previous set called Forgiveness). Put the two together and it's a match made in heaven. THANK YOU!
5 Love Comes (Riff & Rays Club Mix) – Bananarama:
Another 80’s connection. Riff & Rays creates a piano house stomper while Bananarama tries to relive it’s former glory. They may not succeed but this remix is fun.
6. Confusion Girl (Riff & Rays Club Mix) – Frankmusic:
Brit producer/vocalist Vincent Frank has a new album. Riff & Rays once again turn up the beat to fun. “Confusion girl never gives or takes, Tries to cover up all of her mistakes, Wanting to be someone else, Anything but herself, …It’s such a shame.”
7. Gone (Extended Mix) – Lasgo:
Gone are the days of the great Lasgo tunes. But ‘Gone’ may herald a return as this electro house beat portends. “Oops, you're gone. Just play your games with someone else.”
Place parts 1 – 4 in order in your iTunes for a continuous two hour mixed set. Look for an outstanding new one hour mix set, Electronic Love, next week.
Four weeks every Friday in August with the freshest and hottest vocal grooves to sizzle your senses. Make sure to place Parts 1-4 in order for a 2 hour mix set.
Track List Part 3 (33:07):
1. This Moment (Progressive Mix) - Nic Chagall: Nic is one half of the popular German trance duo Cosmic Gate. This tune deserves to be heard more often. Great emotional trance the way it should be.
2. In Love With You (Original Club Mix) – Atrium: House music producers Steve Mac and Paul Harris crank out an infectious tune. TJ’s vocals also inject warmth while the “I’m in love with you” line gets stuck in your head. Five out of five stars!
3. Nemur (Walls Of Guitars Extended Version) - Dusty Kid: Paolo Alberto Lodde, ‘Dusty Kid’, hails from Sardinia and is a classically trained musician turned techno producer who swears ze is a girl trapped in a man’s body. This excellent track is from ze’s debut album A Raver’s Diary.
4. Always The Sun (Extended Mix) - Richard Durand: The emotional trance continues with a beautiful tune from tech trance dj/producer Richard Durand. “Always the sun, like a wailing wall, give me hope, show some meaning.”
5. Deep Breath Contact (Myon & Shane 54 Collision) - Motorcycle vs. Glenn Morrison: Fave trance producers Myon & Shane 54 mash up the vocals from the Motorcycle tune Deep Breath Love with Glenn Morrison’s tune Contact. The result is magic.
6. For How Long (Wippenberg Remix) – Riva: Riva is back after a five year hiatus with a stomper of a mix by Wippenburg.
7. No Way Home (Extended Mix) - Richard Durand: So Richard appears twice on this mix. I couldn’t help it. “I hear your call. My lips won’t move.”
Four weeks every Friday in August with the freshest and hottest grooves to sizzle your senses. Place parts 1-4 in order in your iTunes or mp3 player.
Part 2: electro & trance.
Part 3: trance.
Part 4: uplifting house.
Track List Part 2 (34:41)
1. I Will Be Here (Tiesto Remix) - Tiesto & Sneaky Sound System: Uber Icon DJ/Producer Tiesto assaults us with an electrofied tech groove. Yeah, I would be there too. Kudos for snagging Sneaky Sound System to collaborate with.
2. I'm Not Sorry - Thecocknbullkid: New comer Anita Blay, a.k.a. Thecocknbullkid, continues the electro tech with her non-apologetic anthem. Love it gurl. "would you hate me... I might be wrong. But I'm not sorry. I'd do it again. Again. Again. ooh!"
3. Still (77DJs Remix) - Komodo: Continuing the electro groove with an awesome vocal and nicely placed guitar sample.
4. Free 4 Love (Club Mix) - Hanna Hansen & David Fuentes featuring Maxx Diago: Is it house or is it electro. It’s electro with a nice piano and catchy “free for love” chorus. Dance on to the night.
5. We Are Golden (Mirwais Vocal Mix) - Mika: Mirwais reconfirms his talent years after 'Music' (Madonna) with his outstanding mix of the not so closeted Mika and the result is simply golden. "Running around like a clown on purpose. We are not what you think we are."
6. Unreal To Me (Corderoy & Bury Remix) – FKN: A wannabe trance but pop groove that will not get out of my head. "As long as I'm free to do what I want to do. It won't feel so unreal to me."
7. No Regrets (Chriss Ortega Sunrise Mix) - Alex Morph featuring Simon: Alex has made some of my fave trance tunes but Ortega and the Simon vocal should be married. Yay for great emotional trance.
Four weeks of the freshest and hottest grooves to sizzle your senses. Every Friday in the month of August a hot new 30-35 minute DJ set for your weekend. When placed together these four will fit perfectly as a 2+ hour DJ mix opus. This is what The Summer Groove Experiment is all about. Club Kerry NYC is gonna kick your ass with beats all the way to the end of summer!!!!! Enjoy.
Make sure to get Part 2 (click here).
Track List Part 1 (33:25):
1. Hold On (Freemason's Club Mix) - Mr. DYF featuring Shena:
The Freemason's beg us to hold on and hang tough and no doubt you will as they never cease to please.
2. Follow Me - Stent and Frater:
The classic by Stent and Frater asks us to follow them, while we end hate, to a way fun updated house groove.
3. Celebration (Benny Benassi Remix) - Madonna:
Her Madgesty commands us to party with her and her friend DJ/producer Paul Oakenfold. Classic Madonna with a Benassi tip. I bow down to her 26+ year reign. Long live the queen!
4. Stay (Jerome Isma-Ae Mix) - Tommy Vee & Mauro Ferrucci ft. Ce Ce Rogers:
This song is perfect in many ways. A perfect disco house groove with an outstanding male vocal. Reminds me of Seal. Love!
5. Addicted (Club Mix) - Serge Devant:
You are going to get addicted "out of (your) head" and not because newcomer Serge Devant hails from NYC, or that his new album is killer, but because the tune is just, well... addictive.
6. Disconnected (Myon & Shane 54 Vocal Mix) - Michael Angelo Featuring Jenry R:
If you are a Club Kerry NYC fan then you know I love a male vocal and this song fits the bill. It doesn't hurt that my fave mix is by one of my fave trance dj/producer duos, Myon & Shane 54, who hail from Hungary.
Six months and 5,000+ subscriptions/downloads later, here are my fave tunes from my DJ podcasts so far. As always there are infectious melodies, smooth mixing, female and male vocals and some of my fave remixers. A great introduction for the newcomers and a reminder of where we have been for the veterans. The track list also includes the name of the podcast episode (linked) where you can find the tune. Look for part two filled with great dance tunes in another six months.
The Track List (75:19):
Coincidentally my birthday and the six month anniversary of my little DJ podcast, Club Kerry NYC, occurs on June 16. So on this occasion I have taken the best of two mixes that were in production and combined them into this body rockin' birthday mix. If you have never downloaded one of my sets then this is the one you want to start with. All of these tunes are favorites right now and I simply do not know which is my fave. It has a number of the components I enjoy such as The Freemason's, Digital Dog, a good remake in Straight Up, Ladyhawke, Lifelike, male and female vocals, uplifting beats, good melodies, and of course some great mixing. Look for a best of mix in a few weeks. Have a tune from the last few months to suggest for the upcoming best of mix? Then email me at email@example.com. Enjoy!
Choice Lyric from track #6, Change Your Mind by Sunlounger:
when you kiss me, it feels so real then the daylight comes, off you run, and i don’t know how to feel there’s a fire underneath your skin but it’s getting old, out here in the cold, ’cause you won’t let me in
when you hold me, i can hear your heart beating loud and clear, without fear, but you chose a moment that we part
you and i could fly, baby we could be so high if you just let go but you’re too busy keeping two feet on the ground and keeping one hand on the door
when you change your mind you know where to find me
The set list (63:45):